Oh boy oh boy are you a big boy! Daddy took you to your four month well check appointment and here are your stats: 15 pounds, 26 inches
sniffles made your monthly photo sessions sans smiles
– First case of the sniffles made breathing and sleeping a difficult task for you. Thankfully your swing came to the rescue (as always!).
– After a lot of research, your first solid food was steel cut oats. More fell on your tummy than in your belly. Your faces were priceless, not quite sure what this new texture was in your mouth. We tried more oatmeal later in the day but I think your stuffy nose coupled with this new food was a bit too much for you to handle. I don’t think you swallowed a bite that second time! Your Dr. says not to rush solids so we are taking it slow, sneaking some into your bottle before bed.
– Sleeping in your crib has been an adventure of sorts. We move you into our bedroom first, still sleeping in your pack n’ play. After a few weeks of successful nights we moved you into tour crib. Let it be known that you must always have mom’s t-shirt in there, giraffe, and a fan going at all times for you to be comfortable.
– Just when we thought the Swaddle was long gone you go and surprise us with your love of being tightly wrapped like a burrito. Dads says it’s because he always likes to feel cozy in bed. Either way, you’ve changed it up this time preferring both arms out and your body and legs wrapped tight.
– You both dropped and picked back up a night time feeding….just when we thought we would be getting more sleep.
– Reaching and grabbing for things is mamma’s newest fav thing you do.
– the official “Great Pooping Debacle of 2012” occurred this month. I laughed so hard I peed my pants. It was that massive and hilarious at the same time.
– when you get the giggles mom and dad can’t get enough!
– your newest nickname, droolia goolia suits you nicely. Once the drool gets going it doesn’t stop. Which leads us to believe that you might be well on your way to teething soon… the excessive drool and fact that you’re gnawing our faces off are dead giveaways.
– you’re getting better at a routine, napping and eating on schedule. A long morning nap following by a few shorter cat naps scattered throughout the day suit your style.
– you still love your Bathtime which has coincidently also become our FaceTime with family hour, however, you tend to get a bit camera shy sometimes.
– dad cant get enough of napping with you. You seem to really enjoy this snuggle time too!
– mom and dad love your wrist rolls and your naked tush (yup you will be embarrassed by this one day).
– speaking of cute, mom and dad entered you in Parents magazine cutesy baby contest. Yup we did.